Sunday, August 26, 2007

Perfect Praise?


I had the joy of watching my daughter Aliyah dance and clap this morning with music playing. She loves music. I find it so profound that even at such a young age (11MONTHS) children can have such a response to music. Music is so powerful. It is awesome. But i was reminded of the scripture in the bible that God states "out of the mouth of babes comes perfected praise" Matt 21:16
It is so pure and honest when children just give in to movement and enjoy music. Yet as we age we decide that it is better to not move. C'mon lets look at the babies as examples of a pure heart. God said blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God. Matt 5:8 Of course they rejoice and have such joy because they are seeing God. The awesome thing is we can experience the same thing. So just lighten up and enjoy the journey with God by your side. Maybe if we look for God we will see him more?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I LOVE watching Aliyah dance... that hand boppin up and down to the music. Then she gets brave and stands and on her wobbly legs and starts moving up and down to the beat! It always puts a smile on my face. She loves music. Like you said... all babies have an inherant desire to move (in some way or fashion) to the music they hear. They don't think about who's watching or what else is going on. Praise is what they do... and I think praise should be what I do.

PS. I miss my family. I want to dance with you guys!

Anonymous said...

Great blog, chris... Your family is the best... keep risking it all. Karl

Anonymous said...

I love this pic!!